1) Does this really apply to me?
2) What is a Scenic Site Assessment?
3) What is a Scenic Impact Report and how is it different from the above?
Copyright 2010 K B Anderson
All Rights Reserved
4) What is a Contrast Rating?
Well, it's sort of like this:
[(Qz / Zq)(Fq x Fe)/Q(Fe x Zq)] / (Qz + (Fe x Zq/3.14) = Contrast Rating
That' not entirely accurate, but I'm hoping you'll appreciate that the actual mathematical equation for this is somewhat complex. It requires the measurement of surface planes, visible perimeter edges, colors, and textures for a given structure or group of structures on a property. In the end you get a score, which ranges from 0 - 50. The higher your score, the more visible facade you're entitled to. The lower your score, the more you have to screen your facade from view at a point 300 feet offshore. In effect, if your house is bright and shiny TRPA doesn't want it visible from the lake. If it blends well with it's natural backdrop, then you earn the right to have it more visible from Lake Tahoe and consequently have the lake more visible from your house. In the end, that last part is what most lake front homeowners desire.
5) Who does my scenic site assessment and contrast rating?
6) Who are you and what do you want?
7) When do I have to get a scenic site assessment?
9) What's a scenic BMP?
10) Can my Scenic Site Assessment be done anytime?
11) How long does it take to get my results?
12) OK, I've got my Contrast Rating and it's terrible, do I have to fix it?
13) So what is the basic process flow here, where do I start and what do I do?
15) What's up with all the dog pictures?
They're man's best friend and I'm a man. I like dogs. Dogs usually like me too. Besides this is Tahoe - it's all about the dogs. Dogs lower your blood pressure (your results may vary). Dogs make you happy (happier for those of you already happy). Dogs protect you from mad killer zombie squirrels (my dog is really good at this). Dogs help scrub algae out of the lake by swimming through it and mopping it up with their fur (I may be reaching a bit on this point).
8) When do I need a Scenic Impact Report?
14) Reading ordinaces is not my thing. . . I'm still confused.